Low carb weight loss means that you should eat less carbs and more fat. So, eat a lot of delicious foods and lose weight!
Base your low carb weight loss menu on these real, unprocessed foods.
- Meat: beef, chicken, lamb and pork.
- Fish: Salmon, haddock, trout and all other wild caught fish.
- Eggs: Pastured eggs and eggs that are rich in omega-3.
- Vegetables: Spinach, carrots, broccoli, cauliflowers and many others.
- Dairy: Cheese, yogurt, butter and heavy cream
- Fats and Oils: olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and cod fish liver oil.
You can make all kinds of delicious foods out of these healthy ingredients. And if you are not sure how to start we’ve got you covered. For breakfast, you can have omelette with vegetables, fried in coconut oil. For lunch, you can make a chicken salad with some olive oil. And for dinner you can have a cheeseburger, without the buns.
Just because you are leading a healthy life, it doesn’t meant that you should forget all about desserts. Try these low carb desserts and you’ll see that they are just as delicious as any type of dessert.
Banana Split Cake.
It’s a delicious no bake dessert that looks and tastes amazing.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sweetener
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 banana, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cover the bottom of a pan with the crust ingredients. Mix the ingredients from the filling and spread them on top of the crust. Then add a mixture of the sliced strawberries, bananas and lemon juice. Make the whipped cream out of the heavy cream, gelatin and vanilla extract and add it in the pan.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
In just five minutes, you can have the sweetest low carb dessert ever. And you only need 4 ingredients strawberry, honey, non-fat yogurt and lemon juice. Just mix all of the ingredients and you are ready to serve your low carb dessert.
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
This low carb dessert is also gluten free and high in protein. Eat them for breakfast and you will have energy to tackle down your daily obstacles.
- ¼ c coconut flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 medium)
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c agave
Whisk together the baking powder, xanthan gum, protein powder, coconut flour, poppy seeds, zest and salt. In another bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and coconut oil. Once they are both completely dissolved, mix the ingredients from both of the bowls together. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Drop the cookie dough into scoops on a baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
If you don’t want to give up alcohol to lose weight than here are some low carb weight loss drinks. However, if you are on a low carb diet your alcohol tolerance will be dramatically lower. So watch your drinks. You can enjoy red and white wines, even though their main ingredient is grape. So, don’t worry, they are low in carbs, just drink reasonable. The approved spirits for the low carb weight loss are vodka, rum, gin, whiskey, brandy and scotch. However, if you opt for these drinks, order the original versions. Flavoured spirits, such as coconut rums or vodka pineapple are high in carbs. The number one alcoholic drink that you must avoid is Jagermeister. There are roughly 10 carbs in one shot, which is too much. For example, in one glass of red wine there are only 3.7 carbs. So, choose wisely.
Start your day in a satisfied way, with these delicious low carb shakes.
- 4 – 6oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- a cup of organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 frozen banana
Coffee Banana Shake
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1½ bananas, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chilled coffee
- 6 ice cubes
Berry Oat Shake
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup ice
All fruits are healthy and a great choice for any weight loss program. However, some of them are lower in carbs than others. So, if you choose the low carb type of lifestyle then we suggest that you eat the following fruits. Avocado, star fruit, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, peaches, cantaloupe, coconut, plum, lemon, cherries, apples, kiwis, oranges and clementine.
Make your low carb diet easy and fun with these low carb weight loss tips. Follow these tips and maintain your ideal body weight.
- Don’t skip on healthy fat, because it provides your body with energy.
- Instead of counting the calories, count the carb intake.
- Don’t starve yourself, you should be happy and content with your lifestyle.
- Monitor the progress; it is a great way to keep you motivated.
- Be persistent and don’t give up if you don’t see immediate results.
- Drink a lot of water and always stay hydrated.
- Green tea promotes weight loss, so make yourself at least one cup a day.
- Avoid the wheat and sugar at any cost.
- Don’t let food control your life.
- Use coconut oil as a number one source of fat.