Low testosterone has a negative effect on the mood and in completing daily tasks. Sometimes, low T is misdiagnosed as depression, because of the similar symptoms. People with low testosterone have a decreased interest in doing physical activities, because of the low level of energy. It is necessary to deal with this problem as early as possible. If we look at this problem long-term, it can cause weight gain, losing bone and muscle mass and erectile dysfunction. This article will help you learn how to raise testosterone for better sexual performance and enjoy your new and satisfying sex life!
Here are 11 healthy ways to raise your testosterone in a healthy way:
- Get read of your gut. The extra weight causes an imbalance between the estrogen and testosterone.
- Don’t lose the extra weight fast. It is best to lose 2 pounds a week. You won’t starve yourself and you will prevent ending up with loose skin.
- Avoid foods that are low in carbs and high in protein.
- Don’t forget to exercise. Do everything, bench press, abs workouts, biceps and triceps.
- Eat more nuts, almonds, peanuts, walnuts.
- Do three series from every workout. Make 1 minute pauses between the series in order to gain enough strength to do the rest of the exercises.
- Don’t sleep less than 7-8 hours a day. The quality and quantity of sleep affects the level of testosterone.
- Eat 30% of fat in every meal. The testosterone in the body produces the good cholesterol.
- Eat regularly and don’t skip meals. The body needs constant flow of calories, in order to produce testosterone.
- Avoid alcohol as much as you can. The alcohol is one of the most dangerous enemies of the testosterone.
- Resting is very important, when it comes to increasing testosterone. You should avoid over-training, because it can reduce the testosterone in your body. It can even reduce the testosterone to 40%. Symptoms of over training are insomnia, mood changes, muscle loss.
Usually, the testosterone is linked with the hormone cortisol. The better relationship between the testosterone and cortisol increases the body’s ability to keep up with the high intensity and the length of the workout. Also, it helps the body recover more efficiently. Here are some few tips that lead the testosterone increase.
Make big and complex movements. When it comes to raising the testosterone levels, working out, especially, squatting, lifting and Olympic disciplines, give the best results. However, this doesn’t mean that you should stop doing to traditional workouts. It is best to make big and complex movements at the beginning of the workout. And after the testicles produce more testosterone, you can start doing other workouts.
Exercise at nights. The levels of testosterone are higher in the morning and at noon. Also, the level of testosterone gradually decreases during the day, so if you exercise at night, you will increase the level of testosterone.
Be careful when you do cardio. Cardio exercises can be an important part in making your progress, especially if you also aim at losing weight. However, if you do cardio exercises too long or with too much intensity you can decrease the level of testosterone in your body. If cardio is a part of your workout routine, then do 30 minutes of cardio in the morning, as soon as you get up and then 4 times a week lift weights at night.
Spend less time at the gym. Over-training can lead to a decrease of the testosterone levels. So, working out 4-5 times a week is great, while resting 2-3 days a week is ideal. Also, your daily exercises shouldn’t be longer than 60 minutes.
After every workout, meditate for 12 minutes.
One of the best exercises to increase the testosterone level is to do sprints. Do short, but intense sprints for about 6 seconds. Repeat this 5-10 times in a workout to get optimal results.
Do forced reps. This workout generates more testosterone than doing it by yourself. Make 5-6 reps all on your own and get your partner to help you out with the other 3-4 reps. Repeat this 2-6 times in a workout.
Use your legs. A study has proved that lower body exercises increases the testosterone more than upper body exercises. So, concentrate more on exercises like bench pressing and biceps curls and in no time you will increase the sex drive, energy and muscle mass. We share with you an example of a full body workout that will definitely increase the testosterone.
Star with a warm-up. Then do four sets of eight reps of bench press, paired with four sets of eight repetitions squats. Continue with four sets of eight reps of deadlifts paired with four sets of eight reps of pull-ups. To end the workout, do 6 sets of 6 second sprints. And last but not least, don’t forget to cool down and rest.
There are several vitamins that play an important role in raising the level of testosterone. The most important is the omega 3 fatty acids. They decrease the level of cortisol and have a positive effect on the testosterone. It is best to consume omega 3 fatty acids after workout through fish. Another equally important supplement is zinc. You can consume zinc by eating high meat and shellfish. The vitamin D regulates the testosterone levels, as well. It can be found in very few foods such as mushrooms, dairy products and fish. The vitamin D is also referred to as the sunshine vitamin. Another great way to increase the vitamin D level in your body is to be directly exposed to the sun.