Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is just around the corner and we have gathered all of the sexy details about this fashion extravaganza. So, sit back and enter the magical world of the angels.
Each year the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is becoming more extravagant and more spectacular, as well. More than 800 million people tune in every year to watch the show. So, it is no wonder that it costs around $12 million to make this show. It’s no wonder it is the most watched spectacle in the world. This is especially expensive, if we know the fact that the cost to produce most runways is $1 million.
So far, the exact date of the show hasn’t been confirmed by this world famous brand. What we do know is that it will be around the middle of November. On the other hand, it has already been announced that this fashion show will be broadcasted on 28 November on CBS. When it comes to the venue, we already know that it will take place in Shanghai, China. Over the past several years, they have been spreading the Victoria’s Secret influence all over this country. At the moment, there are 26 Victoria’s Secret stores in China and after the show in November we can expect a lot more.
Every year, there are different themes that take over the Victoria’s Secret runway. The playful and theatrical costumes are always mesmerizing and together with the sexy lingerie they give off a magical vibe. We have already seen different themes such as “gilded angels”, “exotic traveler”, “fairy tale”, “dream girl”, “university of pink”, “angel ball” and many more, as well. So, we can’t wait to see what they have in store for us this year. However, there is no doubt that it is going to be great.
What makes things even more exciting is that Olivier Rousteing from Balmain and Victoria’s Secret brand announced a collaboration for the upcoming show. This will be the first time for the Victoria’s Secret brand to team up with a brand from the high fashion. Actually, it’s a no-brainer that the Balmain army and the Victoria’s Secret models will give us a show to remember. So, prepare to see the models in cage dresses, fringing and bodycon. All of these costumes will also be made for retail.
- Adriana Lima
- Alessandra Ambrosio
- Behati Prinsloo
- Candice Swanepoel
- Elsa Hosk
- Jasmine Tookes
- Josephine Skriver
- Karlie Kloss
- Kate Grigorieva
- Lais Ribiero
- Lily Aldridge
- Martha Hunt
- Romee Strijd
- Sara Sampaio
- Stella Maxwell
- Taylor Hill
- Alanna Arrington
- Barbara Fialho
- Bella Hadid
- Blanca Padilla
- Bruna Lirio
- Cindy Bruna
- Daniela Braga
- Devon Windsor
- Grace Elizabeth
- Gigi Hadid
- Herieth Paul
- Irina Sharipova
- Kelly Gale
- Lameka Fox
- Leila Nda
- Leomie Anderson
- Liu Wen
- Maggie Laine
- Maria Borges
- Megan Williams
- Ming Xi
- Sanne Vloet
- Shu Pei
- Sui He
- Zuri Tibby
First – Timers
- Aiden Curtiss
- Alecia Morais
- Alexina Graham
- Amilna Estevao
- Dasha Khlystun
- Estelle Chen
- Frida Aasen
- Gizele Oliveira
- Grace Bol
- Julia Belyakova
- Mayowa Nicholas
- Nadine Leopold
- Roos Marijn de Kok
- Samile Bermannelli
- Vanessa Moody
- Victoria Lee
- Xin Xie
All of the models will have a mermaid hair. Also, all of these wonderful women will wear the signature pink satin robes backstage. You can find these pink dressing gowns online for about $50. So, why not get the Victoria’s secret fashion spirit at home.
Unfortunately, these models won’t be coming back to walk the VS runway.
- Cara Delevingne
- Doutzen Kroes
- Miranda Kerr
- Kendal Jenner
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- Jourdan Dunn
- Joan Smalls
Over the years we have seen many music stars accompanying the Victoria’s Secret angels down the runway. Few of those names are Rihanna, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, The Weekend, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, Adriana Grande, Ellie Goulding, Seal, Maroon 5, Bruno Mars, Hozier and many more.
This year a few celebrities have been mentioned to perform at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2017. One of them is Zayn Malik, who is Gigi Hadids’ boyfriend. Currently, they are the most famous millennial power couple. So, seeing both of them on the runway will definitely bring more headlines and a lot more viewers. Other singers that may perform at the VSFS 2017 are Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and Justin Bieber. However, none of them has been confirmed by this brand.
- Victoria’s Secret models come from all over the world. There are girls that come from each continent, except for the Antarctica.
- The first supermodels that walked the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show were Helena Christensen, Naomi Campbell and Stephanie Seymour in 1996.
- Last year, Irina Shayk walked the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show while pregnant with her first child. And this year Behati Prinsloo also announced that she is pregnant, several weeks after she confirmed that she is going to walk the show. Behati and her husband Adam Levine are expecting their second baby.
- Alessandra Ambrosio has also walked the VSFS while she was pregnant. Also, one year she even walked the show only 3 months after she gave birth.
- In 2006, the models Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova, Gisele Bündchen and Selita Ebanks were given a key to Hollywood, in honor of the first VS show.
- Elsa Hosk was a professional basketball player in Sweden, before she became a Victoria’s Secret model.
- Josephine Skriver was raised in the LGBTQ community. She grew up with a lesbian mother and a gay father.
- Sara Sampaio has a brown belt in karate.
- Candice Swanepoel’s family owned a farm in South Africa and she is not a stranger to birthing cows.
- Adriana Lima has walked the show since 2000.
- Around 400 girls attended the casting in New York, for the VSFS 2017. All of them wore the exact same set of underwear to ensure a fair casting. The models auditioned in front of Ed Razek, Sophia Neophitou and Monica Mitro.
From 1996 – 2006
- In 1996, Claudia Schieffer wore the Million Dollar Miracle Bra. This fantasy bra costs $1,000,000.
- Tyra Banks wore the Diamond Dream Bra in 1997. This fantasy bra costs $3,000,000.
- In 1998, Daniela Pestova wore the Dream Angel Fantasy Bra. This fantasy bra costs $5,000,000.
- Heidi Klum wore the Millennium Bra in 1999. This fantasy bra costs $10,000,000.
- Gisele Bündchen wore the Red Hot Fantasy Bra and Panties in 2000. These fantasy bra and panties cost $15,000,000.
- In 2001, Heidi Klum wore the Heavenly Star Bra. This bra costs $12,500,000.
- Karolina Kurkova wore the Star of Victoria Fantasy Bra, in 2002. This fantasy bra costs $10,000,000.
- Heidi Klum wore the Very Sexy Fantasy Bra in 2003. This fantasy bra costs $11,000,000.
- In 2004, Tyra Banks wore the Heavenly “70” Fantasy Bra. This fantasy bra costs $10,000,000.
- Gisele Bündchen wore the Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra in 2005. This fantasy bra costs $12,500,000.
- Karolina Kurkova wore the Hearts On Fire Diamond Fantasy Bra in 2006. This fantasy bra costs $6,500,000.
From 2007 – 2016
- In 2007, Selita Ebanks wore the Holiday Fantasy Bra Set. This fantasy bra costs $4,500,000.
- Adriana Lima wore the Black Diamond Fantasy Miracle Bra in 2008. This fantasy bra costs $5,000,000.
- In 2009, Marisa Miller wore the Harlequin Fantasy Bra. This fantasy bra costs $3,000,000.
- Adriana Lima wore the Bombshell Fantasy Bra in 2010. This fantasy bra costs $2,000,000.
- Miranda Kerr wore the Fantasy Treasure Bra in 2011. This fantasy bra costs $2,500,000.
- Alessandra Ambrosio wore the Floral Fantasy Bra & Gift Set in 2012. This fantasy bra costs $2,500,000.
- In 2013, Candice Swanepoel wore the Royal Fantasy Bra. This fantasy bra costs $10,000,000.
- Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima wore the Dream Angels Fantasy Bras in 2014. These fantasy bras cost $2,000,000 each.
- Lily Aldridge wore the Fireworks Fantasy Bra in 2015. This fantasy bra costs $2,000,000.
- Last year, Jasmine Tookes wore the Bright Night Fantasy Bra. This fantasy bra costs $3,000,000.
- The Victoria’s Secret fashion brand was established in 1977, by Roy Raymond.
- Roy tried to incorporate the Victorian boudoir for his first store, so that men could buy underwear for their wives, without being embarrassed.
- Sadly, he committed suicide on August 26th 1993, after he sold the business and after his wife divorced him by jumping off the Golden Fate Bridge.
- This brand isn’t named after a Victoria and she definitely doesn’t hide any secrets.
- The Victoria’s Secret fashion show fever begun at the Plaza Hotel in New York in 1995.
- The first time that the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was held outside the United States was in 2014, in England at the London’s Earl’s Court. The second time was in Paris in 2016. This year, the show will move to China, Shanghai.
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show has more security than the White House. There are security guards, police cars, police vans and sniffer dogs protecting the models.
- Six different people work just with one model, in order to perfect them for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- The runway is covered in glitter.
- People from 190 countries watch the VS show. It is estimated that 1.4 billion viewers saw the last year’s show.
- In 2007, right before the show, the Angels received a star on Hollywood Boulevard and also an Award of Excellence.
- Spice Girls performed the single “Headlines” and their hit “Stop” at the show in 2007. They wore military dresses in 1940’style.
- The Cinema Against AIDS featured the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2000 and raised more than $2 million for the America Foundation for AIDS Research. 30 models attended that benefit any raised more money in just one night than in the 15 year history of that non-profit organization.
- The first fantasy bra that costs $1,000,000 was worn by Claudia Schieffer in 1996.
- Gisele Bündchen wore the most expensive fantasy bra in 2005. The Bra costs $12,500,000 and it has 101 carat diamond centerpiece in white gold, 22 rubies and also 2.900 pave diamonds.
- However, in 2012, Alessandra Ambrosio wore the Floral Fantasy Bra that had more than 5.200 precious gems, including colored diamonds, sapphires, amethysts, rubies and also many others.
- Also, in 2011, Alessandra Ambroiso wore the heaviest wings ever. They weighed 40 pounds and also spanned 6 feet. The wings had a variety of blue stones and also it had 105.000 Swarovski crystals.
- In 2016, Josephine Skriver wore the Bright Night Angel Swarovski costume that had more than 450.000 Swarovski crystals. Even the sleeves, that weighed 8-10 pounds, were made entirely out of crystals.
- In 2013, during the Snow Angel section, the model Lindsay Ellingson wore a 3D printed costume, which was a first for this brand.
- However, Heidi Klum wore the biggest wings in 2003. She walked the runway with wings that were 12 feet high.